Visit a church, comedy club, college campus, or barber shop, and it’s not easy to find people who aren’t familiar with, or lifelong fans of, Rickey Smiley and his outrageous morning show radio crew. As the host of the huge nationally syndicated The Rickey Smiley Morning Show, which draws in at least 4 million listeners every day, he’s also the star of his hit TV showRickey Smiley for Real – one of the only reality show series to address life as a single dad. Plushe has 8 chart-topping comedy albums.
But Rickey’s always had something more offer — and it’s more revealing than anything he’s done so far. STAND BY YOUR TRUTH: And Then Run for Your Life! (Gallery Books; Hardcover; October 24, 2017) is part memoir, part testimonial, and part life guide – mixing Rickey’s down-home humor with values learned from three generations of elders, the Baptist church, and some of the most celebrated mentors in entertainment (aka Steve Harvey).
Written as much for parents as it is for their young adults, STAND BY YOUR TRUTH offers tough-love conviction, both in turns funny and earnest, on straight talk such as:
- How it’s impossible to come back from mistakes without self-forgiveness
- Why “The Deadbeat Dad” is a myth
- How to break out of that comfort zone — because you are not a chicken
- The often untold ups and downs raising kids (and teenagers) as a single father
- Proof success can only happen when opportunity meets long preparation
- Ways speaking up for yourself is nothing to be ashamed of, so “Handle Your Business”
- Why, now more than ever, our lives depend on what we stand for — and then sticking by it
In a time when we are craving world-wise humor as much as insight, STAND BY YOUR TRUTHby the one and only Rickey Smiley is here to deliver on both.
See more at UGospel.com.